How to Pray the Rosary
- Make the SIGN OF THE CROSS and say THE APOSTLES' CREED.
- Say the OUR FATHER on the 1st bead by the cross
- Say 3 HAIL MARYS on the next three beads
- Say the GLORY BE on the next single bead.
- Announce the FIRST MYSTERY (SEE MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY); then say the OUR FATHER.
- Say 10 HAIL MARYS on each ten beads
- Say the GLORY BE and the single bead.
- Say the O MY JESUS on the single bead.
- Announce the SECOND MYSTERY; then say the OUR FATHER, 10 HAIL MARYS, GLORY BE and O MY JESUS on the respective beads.
- Announce the THIRD MYSTERY; then say the OUR FATHER, 10 HAIL MARYS, GLORY BE and O MY JESUS.
- Announce the FOURTH MYSTERY; then say the OUR FATHER, 10 HAIL MARYS, GLORY BE and O MY JESUS.
- Announce the FIFTH MYSTERY; then say the OUR FATHER, 10 HAIL MARYS, GLORY BE and O MY JESUS.
- Conclude by saying the HAIL, HOLY QUEEN.
The Prayers To Be Said
THE APOSTLES' CREED
I BELIEVE in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. * I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
OUR FATHER, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. * Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
HAIL MARY, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. * Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
GLORY BE to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. * As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
O MY JESUS (To be said after the GLORY BE following each decade of the Rosary. All pray it together.)
O MY JESUS, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy Mercy.
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN
HAIL, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us. And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Note: When the Rosary is said aloud by two or more persons, one person is the leader; he says the first part of each prayer, and everyone else answers by saying the remainder of the prayer (designated here by an asterisk). The O MY JESUS and the body of the HAIL, HOLY QUEEN are said by all together.
The History of the Rosary
How to Pray the Rosary
The Mysteries of the Rosary
The Fifteen Promises of Mary
Taking the Time to Pray the Rosary
Other Thoughts on the Rosary